Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Isabel Marant


I am a huge fan of Isabel. And for better or for worse the store right around the corner Heist carries her in multiples. It seems Isabel is getting a lot more press in the American Fashion Rags too. These boots were shown in her runway collection - fab but wayyy out of my ballpark. At $1000+ a pair I do find it interesting that a number of stores in NYC are reporting they can't keep them on the shelves.



What are in my price range (well kinda) are these boots from Coclico on Shopbop.com. As far as shopping on the web, I've had really good luck with this site. Good selection, GREAT sales (there might even be one now!) and nice staff. Check it out!

Some of you may question why someone (meaning me) who works predominately in the green or eco world is posting about new shoes, bags, etc. I think it is a much about sustainability in terms of design and quality as it is about organic materials, same goes for craftsmanship and production. Design and style over trends.
Out.

Digg this