Monday, November 5, 2007

People's Republic of Boulder

For whatever reason Fri, Sat, Sun evolved into the quintessential or stereotypical (if I want to be negative) 'Boulder' weekend for me. Since it's once in a very very rare I guess it's ok, but day in and day out, I would go bonkers. Hence the reason some changes are in the work, stay tuned...here are some hi-lights
Friday night - drinks at The Corner Bar followed by music at the Boulder Theater. It was a group from Mali, very good but I couldn't remember the name if you paid me...so long as it's not hard core country or death metal I am always good for a listen.
Saturday - off to the res for Cyclocross or Psychocross depending on how you look at it! Then over to NBoulder/Broadway for some lunch at Breadworks. Between this spot, Marie's, Moe's and Vic's - it's always a guaranteed scene! Then to the last Farmers Market of the season. I picked up a friend, and him and I were off to Eldorado Springs to visit with the folks of Backyard Hive. Fast forward a few hours and it's dinner at the Mt Sun - you can't get more Boulder than the Mt Sun.
Sunday am - attempted breakie at The Kitchen. Bad idea as about 40 other people had the same brillant plan, sub Radda for some eats - bad sub...eventually head out to Sobo for the Super Cup, National Cyclocross race. Oh my god - a thousand Boulderbots running around with their shaved legs, messenger bags and athletic sunglasses...



Digg this