Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Friday LA Style

Started the morn with a yummy breakfast with Amanda at Coral Tree Cafe in Brentwood. This spot was new to me but def had the feel of Urth without all the crowds. My Friday was a little ridiculous running all over LA but I wanted to see a bunch of people so I just had to make it work...
After breakie I headed over to 3rd Street in Hollywood. There are great spots to shop and dine over here; Joan's, Avita, Milk, Bird, Plastica, Sigerson....just to name a few.
I then made my way over to BH to catch up Jodi of Beyond Yoga. We eat lunch at Urth Caffe, this was crazy crowded. It was great to see her, her about her life and happs. Jodi has the BEST yoga clothing line. She makes this wonderful jacket which kept me warm and cozy on my recent trip to NY.
Jodi had to go back to running her biz so I made my way back over to the Westside, just can't stay away....en route I happened to pass the BP Helios House gas station. Click here if you want to read about it....And here are some quick and terrible photos I took from my phone.

Now a certain quasi-designer, not wanting to mention any names LINDA LOUDERMILK. Held her own fashion show independent of the MB Fashion Week at this location. Due in large part to the hard work of a cool friend of mine, Mr MM. She hosed him over, to say the least, so that is all we will mention about that....
I finally made my destination - YogaWorks on Main Street to catch the class of the stunning Kia Miller . Not only was the class exactly what I needed (my calves felt like bricks) but she topped the class off with one of her students, an Indian man, closing the class with a beautiful Sanskrit song while we all laid in our 'dead' pose. The weather was gorg, as I mentioned, so after class I cruised around to people watch, window shop, enjoy the sunshine and westside.
I popped into Blonde - this store stocks so many great brands, it is really hard to leave empty handed. Plus, if the owner, Jill, is there she is a great help and pulls items for to try than you might have otherwise overlooked. A mighty different experience than the super snobs of another Jill shop, Jill Roberts.
Thanks Jill of Blonde!! I will be back for sure!
Later in the evening I met up with super cool and fun chicas Robyn and Emily for din din at Lilly's on Abbott Kinney in Venice. I proceeded to endlessly pick their brains and barage them with questions. The meal wasn't bad, well maybe mine and Emily's....looking forward to catching up with these two again in the near future.

Digg this