Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Right Coast

Since I gave a considerable amount of time and attention to writing about my trip to LA. It's only fair I do the same with my trip to NY, which crazily enough occurred days before LA.

So after heading to the airport at an insanely early hour on a Sat I arrived, exhausted in NY. I checked my bags at the Park South Hotel, grab brunch and hit the streets! We cruised around the Nolita area; stopping in great shops like Erica Tanov, Terra Plana and Calypso. Then my oldest friend (we are talking elementary school) arrived. We chilled at the hotel and got ready for din-din.
Dinner was a delish meal at Babbo. This is one of Batali's gem's and there are no crocs on the door. See previous post on Mozza. The restaurant has 2 floors and each has such a different vibe - it's a toss up which I prefer.
It was an excellent meal - gluttony all around. We thought we had room for more and hopped around the corner to Otto. WRONG - we walked in and out, too stuffed and the thought of another drink or bite was disgusting.
The weather was mild and it was late for Boulder but never for NY. So we went back to the hotel dressed down, threw on our sneaks, brainstormed for a coffee shop that was a good, distance, cool and would be open past 11 and we were off....

Digg this