Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sad day, Sunday, last day...

The plan was to reconnect with a friend from CU at Axe (so delish) but she had a sailing race go off earlier than intended so that was a no go. When I headed back from the OC to LA, I found myself in gridlock on the 405 - welcome to LA!! So I had much less time than expected....but back to the Westside I go. I cruised around Santa Monica - farmers, etc and back to Venice. I was walking down the street and peered into a shop where I noticed the lovely art work of Melissa Moss. I popped into the shop and bought a few of her cards. Here's one

I then headed over to the new Organic and Eco beauty shop Vert. This shop was created by a friend of a friend, the lovely and talented Renata Helfman. She happened to be in the shop and we caught up for a few. This shop is going to be huge!! She has already been profiled in numerous major publications including Vogue and the Sunday LA times. Here is a link to the article from Sunday's LA times and the photo from the spread.
Since I knew I would be hungry on the flight home (sniff, sniff) I started to think about my options....rather than go with the good but familiar I decided to scope out something new, to me, at least. So I hit the 3 Square Bakery and picked up a sandwich and out of this world cookie!!!! Last but least I tried to visit the Elizabeth Paige Smith Gallery but it was opening late so I missed it. But here is a photo of the door and the current artist, Jeremiah Ketner, I was hoping to see.

And next trip I want to eat at this spot - I forget the name, or maybe I don't want to share. Here is a photo I took of the bar. It's a brown rice sushi joint.And so ends my trip to LA....

Digg this