Monday, January 7, 2008

Impressed!

My hands down fav museum in DC is the Phillips Collection. Its a private museum tucked off Dupont Circle in area filled with galleries and beautiful old row houses. When I went home over Thanksgiving - I know way to be on the ball with posting!! I was excited to hit it but when I went online I was deflated to read the current exhibit was Impressionists by the Sea. I can appreciate the works of Renoir, Monet, etc but my period is post WWII for sure. For reasons too long to explain, it happened that I had an hour or so to kill and was right by the museum so I figured why not. Smart decision - I was blown away! The painting were so calming and immediately transported me to a day by the ocean, which happens to be my favorite place to be. It leaves DC next week so look for it to land in your city.

Digg this